Monday, 27 October 2014

Recipes // Lemon Pie Bites & Others

Recently I have been getting the worst mid-afternoon cravings. 
Not wanting to eat chocolate or have a coffee I started to look for an afternoon pick-me-up that would give me the sweetness I'm after but without the slump (and calories!)

For a short time my yoga class was lucky enough to be taught by Lola Berry, during that time she released her book The 20/20 Diet Cookbook and these little Lemon Pie Bites are one of her recipes.



Lemon Pie Bites
Serves: Makes about 24 balls 

Ingredients:
1 and ½ cups of almond meal (same as almond flour)
½ cup of desiccated coconut
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
Juice of 3 lemons
Zest of a lemon
Seeds of a vanilla pod 
½ a cup of melted coconut oil
Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
1 cup of shredded (or desiccated) coconut for rolling

Method: 
Add all your ingredients into the blender and mix together. Spoon the mixture out and roll into little balls. Roll in the shredded coconut and pop them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up, then store in the fridge.


The sharpness from the lemon and also the richness from the vanilla and coconut is delicious and now I've got a boxful ready for when the cravings kick-in. 

I love to use lemon in my cooking full stop so making the Lemon Bites has inspired me to think of more ideas where lemon is used, see some of my favourites below.
  


hope this has inspired the use of lemon in your cooking :)



No comments:

Post a Comment