Thursday, 14 August 2014

Recipes // Adding Zinc to my Diet


My lovely colleague and friend suggested I take zinc while I was trying to kill off this flu and honestly after only one day I felt much better in myself. The cough and runny nose hadn't shifted but I felt less cloudy and had more energy. 

I like to think I have a balanced diet but actually it would do no harm to introduce a little more zinc, especially with some of our most common foods being the best sources; oysters, seafood, dark meat, broccoli, spinach, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds (so get sprinkling on your salads!) nuts including cashews, pine-nuts, pecans, almonds. Also mushrooms and dark chocolate (Yipee!)

So to encourage more zinc intake I've put together some delicious options from my regular go-to recipes and also some new recipes I'm looking forward to trying.

Here's to eating great food and warding off the dreading flu.






























































&
Pistachio and milk chocolate squares
(I substitute the milk for dark chocolate)

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment